Strengths and Challenges

    I consider myself a good writer. I enjoy writing. I enjoy being in control of the language used to create an image in someone's head. I enjoy being able to make someone think, to stop and see the world through a different set of eyes. I do however struggle with grammar. It has never been a strong point for me and is the biggest problem in all my pieces of writing. The points I lose on major essays always boil down to my grammar. It is highly frustrating as a writer to be able to express yourself but still lose points because of commas. I could write the perfect essay as far as content goes but I will always lose points for a comma splice or run-on sentence. 

    Putting grammar aside, I am very good with words. Which is kinda funny if you have ever spoken to me. Let's just say I have a way with words on paper. I have always loved using vivid imagery and action verbs. I like to describe things in great detail. This allows me to create the picture I want. I feel that there are no limits to words. Writers can do whatever they want with them. But only good writers know how to manipulate them into something beautiful. I strive to make beautiful work.

Comments