LOTF Thesis

While reading LOTF, I could not help thinking that this was just not how humans act. I kept thinking that there just had to have been something wrong with these kids before the island. So, over the Thanksgiving holiday, I looked but through the book trying to find eviendence.
My first bite of evidence is Roger. Roger has the need to hurt people with rocks. When he is throwing rocks at the little boy at the beginning of the story, he does not hit him. This is because if he hit the boy at home, he would have gotten in trouble. He has done this before. And then there is Jack. Jack is insane, I think we can all agree. But at the very beginning when he lets the pig go and gets so angry with himself I think it's his mind telling him he can do it. In the real world, there are rules. You can not just kill things. But on the island, there is nothing stopping him. That does not mean he went crazy on the island, it means he let his crazy out on the island. 

Comments

  1. You have an excellent point in your observation of the book. I agree, this book made me question about humans act as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment