Risk-Taking

     I was very unsure of what Launch Day was leading up to it. I did not know how someone would present a thesis but I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. I really enjoyed my first Launch Day and I am really excited about it for next year. Apart from it being a day off from academic classes, it was also just really fun. Walking around listening to presentations you know the upperclassman had worked so hard on and then getting to talk about it with your friends was a lot of fun.
     I really enjoyed Charles Barksdale's presentation on risk-taking was very interesting. I have to say I agree with him. I think it students should be taught how to take good and beneficial risks. Too much of today's youth are risk seekers and do not know how to take good risks. If we were taught how to take such risks as students then we would have already crossed that bridge as adults. But hey, I'm just agreeing with Charles. He is the one who actually knows what he is talking about. 

Comments