The Science Project

"What did you do over the weekend?", Mary asked John. 
"Nothing."
"Nothing? Really?" asked Mary suspiciously. "Did you do your homework?" 
"Of course I did my homework," John said annoyed with the conversation.
"All of it?" Mary said raising an eyebrow at him.
"Yes, I did all my homework. Who are you, my mom?"
"No!" Mary said getting defensive. "I just know you have a Science project due tomorrow and you were supposed to do your half over the weekend!" John's eyes grew to the size of softballs. He had forgotten to do his science project. He could not stand Mary. She thought she was smarter than him and that she was always right. He refused to let her be right. 
"I did my half missy," he said as he stood up to tower over her. "Did you do yours?" Even in John's attempt to make her feel small, Mary stood tall in his shadow.
"Yes I did and you until the end of the day to do it. If you cannot do it by then, then I'll do it for you. And if I do it for you, you'll own me." Mary turned and started walking. "So, I suggest you get started," she called out as she left John dumbfounded and determined to finish that science project. 

Comments