Something for Joey

     So for my outside reading, I have been reading Something for Joey by Richard E. Peek. It is a true story about a boy named Joey Cappelletti who has leukemia. He spends a lot of his time at the hospital and or at school. But brightest part of his week is when he gets to watch his older brother, John, play football for Penn State. When John gets to the major league he realizes that he has a special medicine for Joey. It is called touchdowns. And every time he scores a touchdown it is something for Joey.  It is a simple love story between two brothers. 
     I am really enjoying this book. However, I am only 3 chapters in. At this point, John is still playing for Penn State. I really liked the way it was called a love story. It reminds me of To Kill A Mockingbird. That is also a love story but it's not a cliché love story. I am really excited to read this book.

Comments